If you’re a fan of burgers and looking for a delicious twist to your camping menu, look no further than these Aioli & Mushroom Burgers with Tornado Potatoes! These mouth-watering burgers, made on our Otzi Ember grill, are a perfect combination of juicy beef, earthy mushrooms, and creamy garlic aioli sauce that will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more.
This recipe also adds some arugula for a fresh, bright flavor and a nice crunch to the overall texture of the burger. The slightly peppery taste of the arugula pairs perfectly with the rich and savory flavors of the burger, creating a delicious flavor combination that is both satisfying and refreshing. Arugula is high in vitamins and minerals and low in calories, so it’s also a great healthy addition to your burger.
To add the arugula, simply wash and dry the leaves and place a handful on top of the bottom bun before adding the burger patty and other toppings. The arugula will wilt slightly from the heat of the patty, but will still retain its crunch and fresh flavor.
The tornado potatoes are a fun and unique way to enjoy your favorite campfire side, and dipping the tornado potato rings in the garlic aioli is a match made in heaven. The crispy, spiral-shaped potato rings are the perfect vessel for the rich and tangy flavors of the garlic aioli. The creamy and smooth texture of the aioli complements the crunchy exterior of the potato rings, creating a delightful contrast of textures in each bite.
And don’t forget the perfect bun! This recipe uses a ciabatta bun; a traditional Italian bread known for its crusty exterior and soft, chewy interior. This type of bun is perfect for burgers as it has a strong structure that can hold all the toppings without getting soggy or falling apart.
The crusty exterior of the ciabatta bun also adds a delicious texture to the burger. When grilled, the outer layer of the bun becomes slightly crispy and provides a satisfying crunch with each bite. The soft and chewy interior of the bun also absorbs the juices from the burger and the toppings, creating a harmonious blend of flavors. It’s a simple yet delicious way to make your meal feel more gourmet and restaurant-worthy.
Our Otzi flat pack grills allow you to multitask and cook multiple ingredients for this recipe at once. You can easily cook the burgers, mushrooms, and tornado potatoes all at the same time, without the need for multiple pots and pans.
The slots on the grill plate provide an even and consistent heat source, allowing you to cook the burgers to perfection while simultaneously grilling the mushrooms and cooking the tornado potatoes on the skewers beneath the grill plate, to achieve the ideal level of char and crispiness.
The compact size and portability of our Otzi camp grills make it easy to set up in any outdoor setting, whether it’s at a campsite or in your backyard. You can easily move the grill to the most convenient spot, and you don’t need to worry about finding a nearby electrical outlet or using propane tanks.
Whether you’re a seasoned camper or a beginner, this recipe is easy to follow and is sure to impress your fellow campers. So, fire up the grill and get ready to indulge in a flavorful and satisfying meal!
Aioli & Mushroom Burgers with Tornado Potatoes Recipe
A delicious camp grill recipe with juicy burgers, flavorful mushrooms, peppery arugula, and a tangy garlic aioli, all served on a ciabatta bun with crispy tornado potatoes on the side.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Course: Lunch or Dinner
2 Beef Burger patties
6 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
1 cup Arugula
2 Ciabatta rolls
2 Yukon Gold potatoes
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Mayo
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
2 cloves minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Poke potatoes several times with a fork. Double wrap in aluminum foil and place in hot coals for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove potatoes from coals and allow to cool. Once cooled, insert a skewer into the bottom of each potato and push all the way through to the top. Using a knife, cut in a spiral motion from one side to the other, starting at one end and continuing to the opposite end. Make sure to cut all the way down to the skewer.
- Pull spirals apart on the skewer until you have gaps between the slices.
- Apply olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper, then place over coals. Rotate skewers to cook evenly. Test with a fork and remove once cooked.
Aioli and Mushroom Burgers:
- Mix aioli ingredients together in a dish. Lightly coat mushrooms in aioli and place on oiled grill top with burgers.
- Grill burgers and mushrooms until cooked to desired doneness and remove from grill.
- Place ciabatta rolls on grill top for 1-2 minutes on each side then remove from grill.
- Spread aioli on ciabatta rolls and add arugula, burger, and mushrooms.
- Serve with tornado potatoes and leftover aioli for dipping. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe, be sure to let us know! We’d love to hear your thoughts. Leave a rating and comment below, and tag a photo @otzigear on Instagram for your chance to be featured on our page!